At 5J Extreme Sports Paintball & Airsoft Park, we promote a safe, clean, fun and family oriented environment.
Please help us to maintain this environment by abiding by our rules.
The following rules apply for Airsoft activities and events hosted at 5J Extreme Sports. If you are not clear on the rules enforced at 5J Extreme Sports, it is your responsibility to contact Park Management for clarification.
5J Extreme Sports offers safe fields where players are required to follow rules to help ensure their safety and the safety of others. 5J Extreme Sports believes that airsoft weapons should be treated like real weapons and never pointed at someone that is not playing.
Airsoft is a game of honor, when someone is hit by a BB during a game, that person is required to call themselves out unless instructed otherwise based upon a particular game’s format and structure. Exceptions will be clearly communicated if they are in play.
NOTE: SCROLL DOWN TO SEE A GRAPHIC AND DESCRIPTION OF FULL FACE PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS.
Now for the Rules:
- Waivers must be completed before you play. Complete the online waiver before you check in at the park.
- Group leaders register all party members and pay for the group at the same time. Waivers are reviewed and verified at this time.
- Players must check out when finished playing if using any of our gear. You are responsible for returning it in the same condition it was issued to you or you will be responsible for replacement or repair costs.
- Players must be 10 years old or older to play Airsoft at 5J Extreme Sports, unless in a private party or accompanied by a playing adult, then the minimum age is 8 years old.
- Upon arrival to the park, all Airsoft weapons should be stored, secured and carried in a safe manner and pointed in a safe direction. Magazines should be removed from the gun and no BB’s are allowed in the gun while outside of a playing field. Barrel bags must be secured on the rifle before you remove it from your vehicle. Treat and handle transportation of all Airsoft guns like REAL FIREARMS.
- Upon departure of the park, all Airsoft guns should be stored, secured and carried in a safe manner and pointed in a safe direction. Magazines should be removed from the gun and no BB’s are allowed in the gun while outside of a playing field. Barrel bags are to remain secured on the rifle until it is safely secured in your vehicle. Treat and handle transportation of all Airsoft guns like REAL FIREARMS.
- Real firearms or knives are strictly prohibited on our property. If you are found with real firearms or knives, you will be subject to immediate removal from the park.
- Approved BB weight for On-Field use: .12g, .20g, .23g, .25g. BB’s weighing more than .25 are not allowed during standard regulation play.
- Full face protection is required at all times on the playing field, no exceptions. Acceptable face protection can be a paintball goggle mask that meets or exceeds ASTM standards and is manufactured for the sport of paintball or airsoft and CAN NOT be altered from the original manufactured form. Other protection may be a fully sealing goggle system that meets or exceeds ASTM standards, PLUS a balaclava or bandana. The full face and ears must be covered by either option to prevent injury or penetration of BB’s. Face protection must remain on at all times while on the field. Do not remove face protection under any circumstance while on the field. A GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION and DESCRIPTION OF FULL FACE PROTECTION CAN BE FOUND AT THE END OF THESE RULES (scroll down to see acceptable face protection).
- Barrel blocking devices are mandatory in any location other than the playing field. Acceptable barrel blocking devices fit over the end of a barrel and prevent a BB from exiting the barrel blocking device in the event the weapon is discharged. Barrel bags specifically manufactured for the use of paintball barrel or airsoft barrel blocking are the preferred method of barrel blocking devices. Socks, hand sewn fabrics, Sunglass bags or non-certified barrel blocking devices are not allowed. All pistols must be holstered when not on the playing field and MUST remain in the holster when not on the playing field or a barrel bag will be required.
- Magazines and clips MUST be removed from airsoft weapons and three clearing shots fired in a safe direction before leaving the playing field. Remove the magazine and clips from the airsoft weapon, clear any and all BB’s from the weapon and put guns on SAFETY mode. At this time, put your approved barrel blocking device on the weapon covering the tip of the barrel and holster all pistols. The barrel blocking device must remain on at all times unless you are on the field of play. Socks, hand sewn fabrics, Sunglass bags or non-certified barrel blocking devices are not allowed. It is required that all pistols have the clip removed and must be holstered.
- There is no firing allowed in any non-protected area, EVEN if there are no BB’s in your airsoft gun. Always remove your BB’s from your equipment while it is not in use. Keep your fingers off the triggers at all times while holding your equipment.
- When you are off the field, always point your Airsoft gun in a safe direction, aiming towards the ground. Do not point your gun at others or at a horizontal position unless you are on the playing field or in the safety and confinements of a Chronograph / Firing range.
- No blind firing is allowed. Airsoft guns must be on your shoulder or in your line of sight when firing. “In game” firing from the hip is allowed when running. Do not shoot though cracks or holes in buildings or structures.
- Keep your fire on the field that you are playing on. Unnecessary firing on the field is not allowed. If your gun needs to be tested or repaired, do not do so on the playing field. Test out equipment and make repairs ONLY in the safety and confinements of the Chronograph / Firing range.
- Airsoft weapon velocities:
- The following is a requirement of our Insurance Policy:
- Maximum Velocity allowed for .20 BB’s – 400 fps, CQB 300 fps
- Maximum Velocity allowed for .25 BB’s – 310 fps, CQB 270 fps
- Maximum Velocity allowed for Snipers is 500 fps with no shots closer than 100 feet to Opponent or target.
- Any Sniper Weapons MUST NOT have the ability to fire FULL AUTO.
- In addition,
- Maximum Velocity allowed for .20 BB’s in All Airsoft Pistols – CQB 300 fps, Other 350 fps
- No fully automatic or burst mode is allowed in CQB.
- The above limits in NO WAY represent what your weapons should be shooting at! It is NOT a goal to reach. It is a LIMIT. It is required that your weapons shoot at or below these limits.
- The following is a requirement of our Insurance Policy:
- All guns must be chronographed properly with an appropriate chrono tag placed on the gun by a referee or authorized person after being tested properly. Staff will provide certified .20g BB’s for testing. Any type of modifications or adjustments made to the gun to shoot at an unsafe or higher velocity after being tested and chronographed is not allowed and players will be subject to losing any playing privileges that day or subject to permanent ban from the park. Sniper Rifles are not allowed in General Recreational Play, unless approved by management. For Skirmishes and Operations, Sniper rifles must meet the above velocity requirements and must be bolt action or semi-automatic ONLY. NO FULL AUTOMATIC CAPABILITY IS ALLOWED. Sniper rifles ARE NOT ALLOWED within 100 feet of the target. Velocity reducers are not allowed.
- Do not shoot any players that are closer than 10 feet. If caught shooting within 10 feet, you will be removed from the game and possibly from the park for the rest of the day. If you are within 10 feet of another player and have them dead to rights you must yell “BANG BANG” or “Surrender” instead of firing. The only option instead of “Bang Bang” or “Surrender” is to parlay. A player may call parlay if they are within 10 feet of an opposing player. When parlay is called, at that time both players must back up 20 feet or to a safe distance and then they may resume the game.
- This is a sport of honor and integrity. If you are hit, be honorable and call your hits out loud. Any player caught cheating will be removed from the game immediately and face possible lose of playing rights for the rest of the day without a refund. “Dead men do not talk,” therefore, if you are eliminated, do not give teammates coordinates of opponents or no hit calling on opposing players. Any single hit to the body, gear or mask count as a hit. Friendly fire and surrenders count. Grenades, grenade launchers and rocket launchers are allowed with management authorization only before using on the field. This and any grenade types, Thunder B’s, noise makers, claymores, or non-Airsoft gun projectiles must receive management authorization before taking on the field. 5 foot kill radius with grenades, 10 foot kill radius with rockets.
- Rubber knives are allowed in certain circumstances and must be approved by management prior to use. Real knives are not allowed on the playing field. You must tap the player with the rubber knife in order to eliminate the player. Do not stab or throw the knife.
- No physical contact, use of foul language or arguing with the players or referees. If you have an issue, talk to the referee or a member of management. Keep in mind, the referee’s decision is final.
- Do not leave your equipment or personal belongings unattended. Safely secure all items. Do not leave batteries, Green Gas, chargers, tools or equipment under direct sunlight over a prolonged period of time or left unsecured. The park does not claim responsibility of any damaged or stolen items.
- If any of these rules are broken, players will be subject to immediate ejection from the game or possibly for the rest of the day without a refund.
- Play with HONOR, RESPECT and DIGNITY. The game is meant to be fun.